Monday, March 29, 2021

Looking Better

 Yesterday's weather was not nice at all, cold rain and windy, when we went bed last night the rain had flakes of snow mixed in with it.  This morning, there was a little snow on the roof tops.  Now the sun is shining but it is still cold.   Cannot expect much more than that I suppose it is still March.

My youngest daughter has invited us for Easter dinner on Saturday, I usually take dessert when she has us over for a meal.  I have decided to make carrot cake.  (Bunny!.......carrots)  lol.   I have a recipe that I always use, it is so yummy with the cream cheese frosting.

Hubby was at the dentist this morning, not happy when he came home, he has a small cavity that needs to be attended to, so he is back there again on Thursday.   He had a chipped tooth repaired a couple of weeks ago, today a cleaning and now the filling, it is costing him a small fortune.  Dentists are so expensive.  I am fortunate my late husband had a good government health care plan that was transferred to me, so I get my dental work almost paid for by this plan.

He was reading in the paper about a couple who had won a lot of money in the lottery and they were hoping to go to California for their wedding anniversary, which is where they spent their honeymoon .  Obviously that likely won't be any time soon.  Anyway, Hubby was asking, when our anniversary is. ... well we are not married, so we really do not have an anniversary.   I moved in with him on August 4th, so we decided that is our anniversary date.  So, now I am hoping the virus will allow us to celebrate somehow on that date.  We can only hope.  We both have a milestone birthday this year, so maybe we can combine anniversary and birthdays together and have big celebration.

Now, to find the carrot cake recipe and make sure I have all the ingredients I need because tomorrow is early grocery shopping day. 

Back to now.....dinner is beef au jus, squash and salad, dessert chocolate mousse.  

Have a great Monday.



  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you will be able to go to your daughter's for an Easter celebration. Sure hope you will be able to have that August 4th celebration too. Your dinner sounds fantastic and so does a yummy carrot cake! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I love carrot cake, my recipe makes quite a large one so I only make it for when I know there are a number of people eating it. If there is any left I will bring home two pieces and leave them the rest.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...