Saturday, March 27, 2021

Catch Up

 Thursday:

It was a glorious day, temp went up to 22*C and sunny.  I went for my 1 1/2mile walk in my shirt sleeves.

21*C is the magic number., the magic number for what???   The top down on the convertible, yes, these two old birds went for a 1 1/2 hour drive in the country.  Not much to see yet, but it was so nice to get out of the house and just go.  

 We had homemade beef and mushroom pot pies for dinner, they were delicious if I do say so myself.

We did have some rain overnight, not sure how much, as no rain gauge out yet.  Note to self, get it out soon.

 Friday:

It was a cloudy day and very very windy, as the day wore on it became colder and colder ending up at 5*C, a stark difference from the previous days.  

It was one of those days where absolutely nothing was done.   I did help Hubby do some things on his computer, but that was about it.  Lazy.....I blame it on the weather.

Dinner was fast food, yes I was even THAT lazy.  Oh but it felt nice not to cook.

Today Saturday:

Cloudy again to start the day and cold but warming up to about 13*C by the end of the day with clearing skies.

What rain we had on Thursday night did make a difference in the lawn, the grass is getting greener and the lilac bushes have bigger leaf buds, my daffodils are almost out.  

I plan on doing some housework today, not that it needs a lot done, the laundry is now in progress.  Then I will do some sewing on the quilt I am currently doing.   

We had our Zoom guild meeting on Thursday evening, and we as a group make comfort quilts for the chemo patients at a local hospital, however, I am pleased to say they have more quilts than patients right now, so our focus has changed.  We will be making placemats for Meals on Wheels clients for the balance of the year.  Each member will be making two each month for the next six months, so that will provide a placemat for each client at several M on W.  units in the area.

Still no side affects from the covid vaccination, so that is good, don't expect any now.

Dinner tonight, not sure yet, I do have some beef stew left but not enough for two, so may have to think up something to add to the meat line for dinner.


1 comment:

  1. Thursday sure sounds like a pretty perfect day, and a lazy Friday is always nice too. Hope you were able to do everything you wanted to do today. I'm glad to hear you didn't have any side affects from the vaccine. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...