Friday, March 12, 2021

New record

 Yesterday's weather was no where near what was forecast, which was cloudy with showers in the afternoon.  We did have a few clouds in the morning, but the skies soon cleared and we set record high temps for this area.  Can you believe it went up to 20.6*C, it was a glorious day.  It is forecast to be cooler today, but the sun is shining and it is warm in the protected areas of the garden. 

Very little snow remains, only in very shady areas where the plow piled it.  My daffodils leaves are getting taller and it looks as if the tete a tete daffodils are showing some buds.   I would like to get some more of  those in the Fall, as I really like them.  There were robins on our lawns this morning, so Spring is near.  When Hubby retrieved the newspaper from the mail box there was a very strong odour  which indicated the skunks are out of hibernation.  I also saw a ground hog a couple of days ago, so the warm weather is telling them its  time to get up.  

Not much planned for today, but I am sure I will find something to do, either housework wise, (there is always something to do in that regard) or go in the sewing room.  I would love to get in the garden but it is just too wet to do anything yet and we could get some miserable weather in the coming days, so really not much point in getting too hasty.

Yesterday, I had a slight case of vertigo, Gravol  tablets helped to calm my stomach,  I have a lingering headache today,  which is caused by tension in my neck to keep my head level, so I do not get dizzy.  It will pass as I get mobile and doing things today.

The tacos we had last night were really nice for a change, there is enough of the meat mixture left over for the same tonight.  I am so glad Hubby is not a fussy eater, and has no problem with leftovers for a couple of days.  Some members of my family would throw it out, I just cannot do that, so we have leftovers.   Usually once a week we raid the fridge and pull out bits of this and bits of that which have been saved from a previous meal, but not really enough for another and we have a buffet of numerous dishes.  I am so glad we bought a new microwave oven a couple of weeks ago, I rely on it to warm all of these leftovers.  Do you save leftovers?  Disguise them as something else, or serve as they were the first time around?   Or do you  throw them out?

So dinner tonight is tacos, salad and chocolate mousse.

No prep it's all done.  I like these kind of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...