Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Is it here?

 The calendar says, not yet, but I see signs everywhere.

What is it?  SPRING

Today we did have beautiful sun but the clouds have moved in for the predicted rain tonight and tomorrow.  The temp went up to 18*C and it is a lovely day, albeit a bit windy.  

How do I know spring is just around the corner, there are signs everywhere I look.

The snowdrop blooms are beginning to open, I just love these little flowers, it amazes me how they can grown beneath the snow like they do.  Once the flowers are in full bloom they last for months.

The daffodils leaves on the hillside garden are now about three inches tall now.

I saw lots of flies on the white fence at the back of the hillside garden.

A chipmunk was sitting on the front porch this morning, feasting on the seeds left by the birds.

My sister has had robins in her front yard yesterday and again today.

The Tundra Swans are resting in a pond not very far from us, they are on the way up North and always stop at this spot every year.  Hubby and I saw them last year there were thousands of them.  Such beautiful creatures.

This coming weekend we Spring Forward, by putting our clocks ahead an hour.

So there you go.....Spring is just around the corner.

 At the present time Ontario is starting to vaccinate the 80+ old residents, as Hubby and I will not be 80 years old until later in the year we assumed we would be included in the next age bracket.  Never assume anything.  There is an article in the newspaper this morning, which states,  it is not your age that determines when you are eligible it is the year you were born.  It went on to say, if you were born in 1941, but still not had your birthday this  year, you are considered 80 years old.   Sc this old bird.  lol, gets on the web site and low and behold  I was able to register us and we get our shot later this month. .  We had now problem registering, but there were only a few open times available.  Actually, I am glad we did not know about the fact we could register prior to today, because I am sure there are some 80 year old's in more need of the vaccine than Hubby and I. so it gave them a chance to get there shot before us.

Dinner tonight...left over pork roast,  veg and lemon meringue pie for dessert.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...