Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Sunny

When we woke the sun was just starting to rise and a promise of a nice sunny day,  It has turned out to be just a lovely day, the sun is warm and more snow has melted.

Today, we attended the funeral of A, so pleased it is a nice day.  Rainy days always make a funeral more sad.

Due to Covid, we needed to make a reservation to attend the visitation, so yesterday Hubby made one for the slot of 10:00- 11:15 a.m.  We could not go to the funeral service due to the capacity limits, so will watch it streaming on the computer.  We then went to the cemetery for the service there. 

I have a funny, will may funny is not the right word

As mentioned above, Hubby made the reservation early yesterday, Tuesday, I then needed to go to the store to pick up a couple of things I needed.  I told him I would be back shortly.   I was gone longer than he thought I would be and began to worry that I would not be back in time for the visitation.  He proceeded to get dressed in his suit etc. expecting me to arrive home momentarily.  However, at this point time time, he though that, I was never late for any appointment and that I must have been in an accident and was unable to contact him.  So he came looking for me.   He saw me on the street and it looked as if I was heading home, however, I went to another store.  He proceeded to come home and wait for me.  But, of course that did not happen.  It was getting late, so he decided to go to the funeral home expecting me to realize it was getting late too and I would meet him there instead of coming home and going together.  He pulls into the empty parking lot of the funeral home, and even that did not click in.  He also knocked on the door and asked if A was resting there and was told yes, however, the funeral was tomorrow WEDNESDAY.

In the mean time I had come home and the bag he has his suit in was on the bed, white shirt etc all gone. I do not know why he would be wearing it today, so though he had to do something regarding A. with some legal stuff.  There was no note either, so must assume he left in a hurry.  Still wondering, he returns, comes in the door and said "Get the white coats and straight jackets ready"   He then tells me what he did, we had a good laugh and now he is wondering if his mind is going.  

Not much done today around the house, it seems we have been coming and going all day.

Dinner tonight fettuccine noodles, alfredo sauce and meatballs with a salad.  Too full for dessert  tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...