Sunday, March 28, 2021

Rain

 It was quite dark when I woke at 7:05 a.m. as the clouds were hanging quite low and it was raining.  Much needed rain, I might add.  In the coming days we will almost see the grass growing and more plants starting to come alive.   

Hubby cooked our usual scrambled egg breakfast again this morning.  In the past he has never had to do any cooking, after his wife passed his meals consisted of fast food, and opening a can of pasta stuff.  I hope he is healthier since I have been preparing better meals for him.   He enjoys his food, but always restricts the amount, so stays at a constant weight he feels comfortable at.  Quite slim and trim for his age. 

I worked in my sewing room yesterday, I wanted to make the blocks I am currently working on a bit larger, so had to do some designing for that to happen.  I am liking how the block is looking now, so will continue with those and will need to get some additional light grey fabric for the other blocks.  I was hoping to use fabric I already had in my stash, but had to buy a contrasting colour and the grey just mentioned.  Then I also need to decide what design I am going to use for the place mats our group is doing.  During this pandemic and lockdowns we have had,'t know what I would have done  in the Winter months if I didn't have my sewing to keep me busy.  

I am writing my memoirs for my children and wanted to research the village I lived in prior to coming to Canada.  I Googled it and to my surprise and almost shock, what was the first picture I saw on  Wikipedia but the house I lived in.  Oh! it brought back some memories, it had not changed much in the 67 years , I went onto the Google street view map and saw my Dad's farm, the places where my friends lived, the road I walked to school on, and the places where I played.  The village goes all the way back to 1268, which surprised me as I did not know this before.   Google and the computer is a marvelous thing.  Hubby and I were planning on going to England so that I could show him where I lived, introduce him to my friends and also the relatives I still have there, but COVID got in the way, maybe some day in the future, hoping that will happen.  In the past I have been back to the village twice, since I left, but that was also a long time ago.  

Dinner tonight is leftovers from last nights dinner, I do not bother with a big Sunday dinner as I use to do, when we would have family over for a meal.    

Have a great Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that your house came up first on Wikipedia along with all the other things you were able to see. I hope you will be able to take a trip back someday soon. It sounds like a very interesting place.

    I sure do miss those big Sunday dinners we used to have with the whole family. That hasn't happened since I was a kid myself. There wasn't any extended family who lived close enough when I was raising my own children.

    Have a wonderful rainy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...