Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Winter Wonderland....again

During the night we had another coating of wet snow, the kind that clings to everything, making the countryside look like those pictures on Christmas cards.   That is the good, the bad and ugly, it difficult to remove from the driveway and is very slippery for cars and pedestrians.  Have not seen the snow plow go through yet, not even on the main streets when we went for our early morning grocery trip.  The temp is forecast to go up to 4*C so there could be some melting happening later today.  We can only hope.

I do not do any "online" banking,  I go to the bank to do all of the transactions I need to do on the machine.  My Visa bill was in need of paying this morning, going to the bank a young man removing snow from the sidewalk, advised the bank was closed.   Why, I asked, apparently there have been homeless people going into the area where the machines are, (which is usually open 24/7) and sleeping there where it is warm.  I though, how sad the homeless are having to find places like that to get warm and also the bank having to close that area. 

Just a small shop this morning, only fresh produce and dairy products mostly.  Only a few people in the store, which was good.

Hubby is our clearing the driveway.....again.   I am just finishing a coffee and then I should start doing something too.

Dinner tonight our usual Tuesday chicken , asparagus and a salad.  Dessert ....not even thought about it yet, however, I am sure there will be something.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...