Friday, February 19, 2021

A BIT

 Yep, a bit of this and a bit of that, and a bit of not much else.  That is a description of the last few days around the house.

A little digging of snow, housework, sewing, watching TV,  working on the program on the computer and really not much of anything.  Didn't even cook dinner, we had take out.  I am suffering today.

I do not cook with oils or fats, no fried foods in this house, and I don't use salt either, it was hard to get use to at first, but now when I eat anything salty, it is unpleasant for me.  So when we had the chicken burger, fries and onions rings they did not sit well in my digestive system.   It will pass.  (literally)  LOL

Looking in the mirror today,..... where did that bulge come from, those rolls of fat.  That did it, cutting down on all of the sweet desserts, and even some of the carbs.  With all of the non activity during this cold Winter and not being able to get out and walk I have packed on a few extra pounds that I don't want.  I am short so any weight I put on really shows and I feel very uncomfortable about the way I feel and also the way I look.  Not being hard on myself just realistic, at this stage of the game I don't need to hinder my health in this way.  Both Hubby's late wife and my late husband, were over weight people with multiple health issues which were  increased by the extra poundage. 

We have had several small falls of snow this week, Hubby has just gone out now to clear off the driveway yet again, there is still the odd flake coming down at present but the sun is trying to shine too, so don't expect any accumulation.  

The sun sets this evening at 6:01 p.m. I am loving these longer days.  There has been talk about not doing the Daylight Saving time, when we put our clocks forward an hour.  Have not read or heard anything more about it, so assume we will continue to do it.  One thing at a time Government, get the Covid under control first. 

Dinner tonight is chili and a salad. Hubby is having butterscotch pudding,  me  nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...