Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Sunshine

Finally a day when we can see that big ball of fire in the sky.  But.....it is cold.

Later this week the weather is going to get colder, so we have decided to empty the freezer, place the food outside in a box or laundry basket and clean out the freezer.  It is an old one, works like a charm, but there is considerable ice build up and I am sure the odd pea or crumbs of bread or maybe an unidentified object  of some kind  is in the bottom.  I rotate the food on a regular basis but have never cleaned it out.  Why....you might ask.   I am short...5 feet tall, (great things come in small packages)   lol , so for me trying to get  to the bottom of that freezer, ( it's a chest type)  is almost an impossibility.  I would be standing on my head with feet dangling on the outside.  Which would not be a pleasant sight I can assure you.  I even have problems getting the clothes out of the washing machine.     

This afternoon I have a follow up appointment with my eye surgeon, then I need to wait until the lock down is over so that I can get a pair of reading glasses.

Did vacuum the entire first level of the house yesterday and washed the kitchen floor.  We have hot water heating, so there is no forced air from the furnace to blow around the dust, so do not need to do that job very often.  I  have also been doing some deep cleaning jobs on a regular basis so there will no need to do Spring cleaning as such.   I plan on washing all of the window coverings next week.  There are some that need dry cleaning but that will not happen any time soon.   The vertical blinds will get a good vacuum also.

I do have a will which states my wishes after I am gone, but I have not advised my children about my finances, what they are, where they are etc. etc.  So as I am getting up in yeasts and with the virus still. circulating, I decided yesterday to write it all down, so my children know all that they need to, to locate everything.    Good job done.

Dinner tonight, chicken, asparagus, salad, and we still have some peaches left from yesterday, so will make a peach crumble for desssert.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, "getting our affairs in order" is always a good thing... and a reminder to get ours updated too. Thank you for the nudge!! Happy Spring Cleaning too! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...