Sunday, February 21, 2021

Right side of Winter

 Looked on the local weather network this morning and if if is correct, it looks as if we are going to have daytime temps above the zero C mark for all of next week.  Last night the sky was clear, moon and stars were clearly visible thus the reason for the temp to go down to -15*C.  However, today we have lovely sunshine again.......I think we are now on the right side of Winter and soon we shall be able to see the bitter cold temps leave us.  Mind you, we still could have some miserable days ahead but things are just looking a bit brighter, the evenings are getting longer too which is also a good sign.

I went for a short walk yesterday to get rid of the cobwebs and get my blood moving, have not done that for quite awhile due to it being so cold. 

When I was watering my house plants yesterday I noticed my Christmas cactus is producing flower bud again, but have not see any sign of a flower on the African Violet.  The Dragon cactus keeps on growing and growing.  This plant is so ugly, but I love the  way the "leaves" going every which way possible.  It started out and a small plant from the grocery store about a year ago. now its hanging all over a large pot.  The geraniums I started from cuttings last Fall are doing very well, even had blossoms on them throughout the Winter.  New cuttings will soon be placed in pots ready for planting in the Spring.  Can you tell I am just itching to get out and do some garden work.  BUT that is going to be at least a month or more, depending on how fast the snow melts and things get warmer and drier. In the mean time, I will get some Spring cleaning done, and continue making my quilts.  

Dinner tonight roast beef, cauliflower, salad, gravy and not sure what is for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's staying light longer in the evening and getting brighter earlier in the morning. Spring is on her way! Yippeeeee!!!!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...