Thursday, February 25, 2021

Fling open the windows

 Yesterday was such a lovely day, temp up to double digits, 11*C.  Time to open the windows, so bedroom and bathroom now smell  so nice with all that fresh air coming in.

Sun is shining again today, but it is not as warm as yesterday, however, the mercury is above the zero mark, so can's ask for much more at this time of the year.   This weather will certainly encourage the sap in the maple trees to start running.  A sure sign of Spring.

This evening is my quilt guild Zoom meeting which usually last about an hour.  We are all hoping in person meetings will soon happen.  We have only had three meetings during the past year and no sewing/ retreat days during that time.  One of the members puts together a show and tell  presentation.  Members send her photos and a brief description about a project they have completed.  It is so much nicer that everyone trying to hold up their work in front of a computer.  

Not much else going on in this part of the world today.

Dinner ...have not given it much though yet, but should soon I suppose.  At times I would like to try and make something a bit different but I don't know what,  so stay with the same meals just rotate them a bit.  I did buy some frozen Chinese food this week,  and we have not had that for a long time....dinner solved.  Now dessert, I have banana bread I made about about a month ago and froze, so dessert is now taken care.

Dinner. Chinese  and  banana bread.    What are you having for dinner tongiht?


1 comment:

  1. Chinese and banana bread... sounds wonderful!! I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight. Last night I fried up some pork cutlets and made sandwiches with them on fresh made buns, with plenty of condiments and pickles. Delicious! But tonight I'm not sure... but I'd better get thinking quick, as it's almost 10am. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...