Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Crafty

 I am happy to be a bit crafty.....no not that crafty.....the one that lets you makes all kind of things sewing, knitting, etc  This has kept me somewhat sane during the weeks of  lock down we have had during these Winter months.  Where I live we still have at least a month and a half or possibly two months of weather which will not allow us to do much outside, and I have numerous projects to work on.

Over the years I have made clothes for myself, two daughters and a christening dress for a grand daughter, which I then redesigned and used for her to be a flower girl at a family wedding.  Prior to quilting I did a lot of knitting,  a dress for another grand daughter, hots, gloves and sweaters for the whole family.  Counted cross stitch, embroidery, flower arranging, saddles for gravestones and ceramics.  Now I have the quilting bug and made one for each of my children, 

grandchildren for their 18th birthdays,  one for each of four GC when they married and then when GG's arrived one for each of them.  My guild makes dozens for a local hospital chemo unit. and I have donated several to the nursing home my Mother was in.  

A couple of Summers ago I wanted something a bit different for me to do, so over the season I gathered blossoms from the flowers in my garden,  got Hubby's hammer and pounded the flowers on top of a piece of fabric.  The colours from the flowers were transferred to the fabric, I iron them to set the colours and  made a  framed picture from the result, see below.  I did some embroidery to enhance some of the flowers.  


Just recently competed a photo album for my Grandson's birthday on Saturday.  I included some of the drawings, letters and home made cards that I kept just for this purpose.  I believe he will appreciate the fact I saved all this stuff over the past 30 plus years. 

A grand daughter will be having a birthday in early March and I want to get one done for her too.  Then I have a break as the next grand daughter birthday is in June.  

So that's the post for today.

I was busy yesterday, doing what....a bit of this and a bit of that and before I knew it the day was gone and too late to post anything.

We have a lovely sunny day, but cold, no additional snow which is just fine with me.

Dinner tonight ribs, cauliflower, salad and dessert? 

2 comments:

  1. **gasp** Patricia, those flowers you hammered on to that fabric!!!!! My mouth is hanging open!! That is so so so so beautiful!!!!!!! Amazingly so!! I love it!! Thank you for brightening up my world today, with your art!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea, Doing this art brightens my days too, they give me a feeling of being able to accomplish something I thought I would never do or even think about doing.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...