Saturday, February 20, 2021

Overheated

 I have (or should say, I had)  really good iron, my son gave it to me some years back, as he worked for the company that made it.  Today, while I was doing some sewing it smelt hot, and boy, was it hot, just touched piece of fabric and it was scorched.  I think the thermostat is not working. It is well past it's warrantee date, so it was have to go in the trash.  We have another one, but it is old, but works like a charm. So will be using this one for awhile.  

We have some sun and a little snow once in awhile, but nothing accumulating.  It was so nice I ventured outside and went for a short walk.  The roads are still a bit slippery, so went to the University college up the street and walked around their clean and dry side walks.  I was out for 20 minutes, but it did not seem that long really.  If the weather co-operates I will do the same tomorrow.  I have not been walking for about a month due to the weather, the snow was deep and it was very icy, plus I have  painful hip for some reason, so just took it easy.  The hip still feels painful, but not like it was, should go to the Dr. I suppose but with all of the virus still around, I don't feel like going into a building for an x-ray as I know that is what he will do.  Should just go and get it over with.

Not much else going on here today,  laundry and housework which never seems to be finished.  This house is really easy to keep clean, so I am not as busy as it sounds.

Dinner tonight is left overs from last night, Chili con carnie, salad and broccoli, not sure what is for dessert yet.  I might just skip it tonight, trying to cut down on calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...