Saturday, February 13, 2021

Dusting

 No..... I am not dusting...... just a little fall of snow that I describe as a dusting.  That is our weather today, but it is still cold, and the wind is blowing a little, enough to disturb some of the light flakes and they twirl into the air.  

A fellow blogger indicated today that there is a hint of Spring in the air, I hope she is right, I am tired of Winter, but really cannot complain as it hasn't been all that bad.   Winter is hard on my hands they are dry and one thumb has a crack in the skin from being too dry, and it hurts.  I have tried everything, but the relief is short lived.  We have a large humidifier which we fill with water twice daily and change the filter once a week, which helps the air stay moist in the house.  Not much else I can do for the time being.

Going to see my Grandson and great grand daughter this afternoon, (social distanced and masked, of course).  It is his birthday today.

Laundry done, folded and all put away, we have not been generating much these days, so its a job that does not take any time at all.   Not much else in the line of housework needs to be today. 

Hubby is watching the news regarding the U.S. impeachment trial.   I understand the TV reporters need to keep their viewers up to date on breaking developments,  but at some point I do believe it is "overkill" I often wonder if they get tired of repeating the same thing hour after hour.  I also know that people watch certain programs and different times, so they need to present the latest developments,  That is all I am saying about politics.

Dinner tonight is Christmas dinner,  we had a lot of turkey leftover from Christmas, so I left one side of the breast intact and froze it, also  had more dressing that we needed so froze that too.  All I need to to is make our Cauliflower (mashed potatoes) and gravy, brussels sprouts will round out the main course.  Not sure what is for dessert at the moment.




1 comment:

  1. Oooooh.... Christmas dinner on a cold day in February. Sounds absolutely heavenly, Pat! What a great idea! Yes, I don't know what the news channels are going to do once President Trump is out of the picture now. Probably resurrect old news stories about him. They surely won't talk about how the national debt is exceeding the size of the economy this year or how 25,000 illegal immigrants just crossed the border into our country or how some foreign nationals are coming to the USA to get their covid vaccine before the USA's citizens or... or... or...!! And certainly Chris Cuomo on CNN isn't going to talk about how his brother, the NY governor, concealed so many nursing home covid deaths. The "news" isn't the news anymore... it's simply the reporting of an agenda, depending on which channel you watch or listen to. Happy Birthday to your grandson! Enjoy your time with his and your great-granddaughter. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...