Friday, February 12, 2021

Grey to blue

 When we first got up the sky was grey with a few flakes of snow, now just after lunch we have blue skies and sunshine, but again it is cold.

Not much going on at our house today,  just like all the other days I am afraid.

Hubby has been on Facetime with his brother on the West coast chatting about investments etc.  as that is what his is involved with to keep him busy in retirement.  It has been almost a year he has been home, first due to the virus and then he finally decided to call it quits.  I have been retired since 2001, that seems like ages ago, well it really is, isn't it?

Did some much needed cleaning in the kitchen yesterday and also some sewing on the quilt I am making.

Dinner last night was really nice.  Tonight is port chops, some left over beans and cheese biscuits with  kale slaw.  Dessert not sure yet.

Have a great day.




1 comment:

  1. I wish I liked pork more. I remember liking pork chops and things when my Mom used to make them, when I was young. But I don't know... pork just doesn't suit me now. Maybe my changing taste buds with my age, I'm not sure. Meat in general doesn't have the allure it once had. I like the "memory of it" far better than the actual taste now. I'm sure I would like your pork chops though! :-) ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...