Friday, October 06, 2023

Showers

During the night we had some showers, today is cloudy with breaks of sunshine, definitely cooler but not unpleasant.  

After long conversations with several people at the store where I purchased my furniture I spoke to the manager, the remaining pieces I am waiting for are in transit, (read on the ocean somewhere).   However, the manager was able to find a dining room table which matches my chairs, it is being delivered today within a window of four hours this afternoon.   Only need one more thing and  it is supposed to arrive at the end of the month, then I will have all the furniture I bought back on August 9th. 

Had to do a quick trip out to do some errands, needed a couple of things at the grocery store, it would have been very busy later today.  Our government is talking to the large grocery chains to stabilize the prices of food, good luck on that, I would say.  I know the tricks of the grocery stores, the prices remain the same but, the containers get smaller.  The gov. knows this too and it was also addressed in the conversations.  Apparently, if the grocery giants don't conform to the stabilization, fines will be imposed.   We shall see how all this pans out.  Personally, I think it is a political play to get votes.  

Lunch time.


Have a great day and to my Canadian readers have a lovely Thanksgiving, no matter what you are doing to celebrate.


Cheers.


 


1 comment:

  1. So agree with you, Pat, about the shenanigans with the grocery chains. Their profits are ridiculous! I try to shop only once a week and am very grateful when I can use some PC Points to reduce my bill. Welcome showers overnight here, the garden really needed it!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...