Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Fantastic

Several months ago, ex and I purchased tickets to see a performance of "The Phantom of the Opera". Last night we went to see it.

The local professional theatre has students from all the secondary high schools in the city, the opportunity to become involved in putting on a show.   With professional instruction and assistance everything is done by the students.  Set design, costumes, props, lighting, sound, advertising, dancing and acting.  Not everyone wants to be an actor, so there is no lack of interest in all of the other things that need to be done to put on a performance.

If I didn't know any better, I would have said this show was done by professionals, it was that good.  The talent of these young people is amazing and to have this opportunity to be able to do this is a credit to all of the professional staff that helped.  Well done.

I am  sure some students have been inspired by this experience and will pursue a career in the field of theatre they are interested in.   

I do not know where you are located if you are reading this, so what I am going to write is not in any way  judging anyone, no matter who they are or what they think or do. In my eyes, anyone can be and do anything they want to, just as long as it does not have any negative effect of me personally. So please don't take this as a negative criticizing comment.   This subject I am going to comment on is all over the news, whether it is on the web, TV or in the paper, so it is not just my observation.

So here goes.  In the program from last night's performance and in all of the other programs from previous professional shows I have seen, the names and a brief bio of everyone involved is included.   Beside each photo of everyone is their name,  and    Why, why, why,  is there also printed (she/her), (him/he), (she/they) (him/they)???  Contradicting myself here,  I do know why, however, is it necessary to print this.  I really am not interested, I don't know you personally and likely never will, however, if you do whatever you do, to the best of your ability, that is all I am interested in. 

Some close people in my life,  have decided to change their personal direction, so it's is something I am fully aware of, understand it, not sure if I do.

I understand the world is changing, and maybe that is my issue, I am OLD SCHOOL and I find things, not just this, very difficult to understand, why!  Is this now being used instead of girl, boy, Mr. Mrs. Ms. to identify a person. 

Enough said.

Yesterday, the area was just shy of making a record high temp for the day, it is possible any record could be broken today, as the temp is going to be higher.  Beautiful blue skies as I looked out this morning.  

Quilting guild meeting this afternoon.  

Have a great day.


Cheers

2 comments:

  1. I am old enough to remember when Ms was used if a woman's marital status was unknown and the angst caused when women decided to use it as their chosen form of address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in my 70s and finding it too hard to keep sorted. What I don't appreciate is being yelled at for making a mistake. My hubby just can't deal with it. He loses his cool! We have family members who can't make up their mind from day to day snd expect us old folks to follow their path. Gahhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...