Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Busy, busy busy

This past three days have been the Thanksgiving weekend here, the first one in a number of years that I have been with my children and their spouse.  It was a Thanksgiving weekend for sure.

As I have mentioned previously Saturday was car hunting.

Sunday, I was at DD1 for dinner, it was a very lively afternoon, as the five gg's were all inside as it was not a good day to be outside.  They had things to keep them busy but, still a lot of chatter.  Lots of delicious food and family around the table.  It was a great day.

Yesterday, Monday I went to DD2 for dinner, quieter day as there were only five adults sitting down for dinner.  However, DD2's two daughters, who were not able to come home for the weekend were there on the computer.  So they were actually at the dinner table with us, as they were eating at their homes.   A great day with them too.

The best Thanksgiving weekend.

Today, Tuesday I am all "fooded out",  it means I have had my fill of food for a couple of days, not that I ate more than I should have but, so many dishes to choose from on each table I sat at, I took very small portions of it all.  Sooooo good.  The meals I have today are going to be quite simple compared to what I have consumed.

We have a cloudy day, with rain in the forecast for tomorrow, so I think I will go and look for the very last piece of furniture I need in my new home, while the day is dry.  I will be looking for a sideboard/cabinet piece.  Now my dining table and chairs are all situated I can now see how much space I have for the sideboard.  I have trouble visualizing space.

Once I have found and bought that piece, I am pulling on the reigns of my bank account, for the last two months the money has been going out faster than it's coming in.  I knew this would happen, so I was glad I had been trying to save a lot during the past year.  

Better get s move on, 

Have a great day.


Cheers.


 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...