Thursday, October 26, 2023

Busy Days

Granddaughter C is going back to college today, will not see her again until Christmas.  She will be writing her mid term exams next week. Had nice visit while she was here.

We had a cloudy damp day yesterday, and cooler than it was forecast to be.  Showers overnight and this morning, however, as I write the sun is starting to break through and temps are suppose to be going to the low 20"s, crazy weather.  After tomorrows decent weather, the temps will fall to single digits during the day and possibly into the low minus numbers over night. T'is the season.

Last night I went to a jazz concert, thoroughly enjoy it.  These jazz concerts have just opened up again after closing for Covid.   Nice to see at last some things starting to get back to a somewhat normal routine.  It has taken a long time to get this type of entertainment going again.

The last of my furniture I order in August arrived this morning, however, I still need to wait until I can get one of my children to put it together.  This afternoon I need to get some groceries.

Tomorrow evening is the Halloween pot luck dinner here at the building, I am making dessert this time, and leaning towards a lemon poke cake.  I found a recipe for Marmalade cup cakes with cream cheese frosting, which sound quite nice, so may just make up a batch of those and pop in the freezer.  

Can't remember if I mentioned before or not, but if I did, you are hearing it again.  The water in my toilet tank that flushes away my waste is HOT.  I mentioned it to the superintendent last week and she had a plumber look at it, then a structural engineer.  Apparently the hot water was connected to the pipe leading to the tank instead of the cold.   The solution..........a hole is going to be made in the wall of my bathroom, the water connected to the correct pipe and then the hole repaired.   Don't know when, how big the hole will be, or how long it will take to complete.   Apparently, the resident prior to me was an older lady and was not here very long as she will ill, so it was never reported.  It has been like this since the building was erected.,  two years ago.  It is only my unit affected, how lucky can I be!

The curtain rods in my bedroom and patio doors have been put up and the curtains hung, put up a mirror to reflect some light and also a couple of decorator thingy's on the wall too.  Slowly getting to make it look more like my home every time I do something in here.  Taking my time to do all of this as I don't want to put things up and not like where there are.

Better get myself moving.


Have a great day.


Cheers.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...