Sunday, October 08, 2023

Car and Baking

 It has been awhile since I baked anything for a Thanksgiving dinner, I have cooked the main course, but could not be bothered to bake anything for dessert.  Why?  It wasn't worth the time and effort in it if hardly anyone ate it, plain and simple. 

Just out of my oven are two apple pies, one large and a smaller one and a pan of date squares.  Also some left over pastry made into cheese straws, I love those and if, there is any dough left I always make them.  Do you do that?  

Along with some dinner rolls, no I didn't, they came from the bake shop and the date squares are coming with me to DD1 for dinner tonight, the pies are going to DD2 tomorrow for dinner.

It felt so good to get my hands covered in flour etc. knowing what I am making will be appreciated and eaten.  As usual I use most of the utensils in the kitchen when I cook, however, I do clean up after each dish I make, to keep some organization going on.

Now, to the first word in my title.  My son came yesterday and we went to look at cars, I know very little about the new modern vehicles, as mine is a 2006 model and things have changed considerably since that year.  He was of immense help, we even took a couple for a test drive, one of which I am thinking seriously of getting.  As usual, there is a considerable wait time but, that is OK as my car will get me from point A to B over the winter with no problem, (she says with fingers crossed).  Son and DIL needed to stop at their sons house for a few minutes, so I went along for the ride and saw my ggd's, my goodness the little one is getting so she looks all around and once in awhile a little grin on her face.  Not allowed to take photo's, which I can understand completely, so cannot show you how cute they both are.  Believe me they are.

All of our lovely sunny warm weather has vanished with the snap of the fingers.  Yesterday, it became cloudy with a couple of brief showers, windy and cold and it looks as if we have the same weather for today too.  T'is the season but, we have not had a frost yet, it seems as if they come later and later every year. 

Must get a move on.

Have a great day


Cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...