Saturday, October 28, 2023

Record

I often talk about the weather here on my blog, somewhere I have read, Canadians bring that subject into a conversation sooner or later.  It is, I believe we can expect almost anything at any time of the year.  So I am brining the subject of weather up now.   Yesterday, was like a Summer day, lovely sunshine, a bit breezy and a record high temp for October 27th. of 23*C.  People were wearing warm weather clothes such as I was.    So nice for this time of the year, however, next week, we will be wearing cold weather clothing as we could see some flakes of snow.  

Last evening I attended the Halloween pot luck dinner here in the building.  I over ate as I usually do at these functions,  the food is so good, and usually some dishes I don't make.  Take a small portion of everything, however, that fills up the plate too.  

One of  my great nieces is getting married today, I did not receive an invitation as the guest list had to be a short one.  That is just fine with me as I would have had to travel quite a distance and really did not look forward to that drive.  I am making a quilt for the bride and groom, however, it is not finished yet.  

There will be over 200 cement trucks are busy pouring a potion of the foundation for another building close to me today.  A drone is flying around the area keeping an eye of everything.  The marvels of the technical world today.

Things to do, places to go, so better get moving.

Have a great day.

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. D.idn't know yesterday set a record but it was nice, today too but not quite as warm. Hope the kids have decent weather for "Trick or Treating"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is in the forecast for the youngsters in our area.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...