Sunday, January 22, 2023

We were snow people

 After shower and breakfast this morning we started out for our walk,  it was a lovely morning for the last week of January.  Temp right on the one degree mark, no ice, rain, or snow, so off we went.  We are always wearing clothing which keeps us warm, a good thing it was today, as just a short distance from home we saw some snow flakes, then some more and even more were falling.  We walk for just a little over half and hour, when we arrived home you couldn't see the colour of our clothes as they were white with snow and very wet.  We have been home now for an hour and it is still coming down, big soft flakes settling on the branches etc.  now about an inch has fallen.  If this keeps up all day we will have to do some digging, well! not me, I don't do that any more.

We had a lovely visit with friends last night, good laughs, wine and nibbles so a good time was had by all.  It's a shame we don't do this more often, as that is a big miss for me.

Hubby will be watching an American football game this afternoon, I will be doing some of my puzzle and some sewing, I need to get a block finished for my quilt guild meeting on Thursday.   My sewing machine is making a bit of a noise every once in awhile, so I have oiled and cleaned my old one so it can be used while my good quilting machine is getting a tune up.

Not sure what we are going to have for dinner, will have to decide soon.

Have a wonderful day,

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...