Friday, January 27, 2023

Meeting

 The first quilting guild meeting of 2023 was held last night, it was great to meet with everyone again.   We do not have meetings in December, so November seemed a long time ago.   The group will be making quilts for the chemo patients at a local hospital again this year.  Such a worthy cause, unfortunately, all the quilts we donate are all given away much too quickly to those who have cancer.  One just wishes we need not make them anymore as they are no longer needed.

Another member and I live in the same city and we drive together as it is a 25 km trip and in this Winter weather it just makes sense to keep each other company during the trip, never know when the snow could cause a mishap of some kind.   

Usually, we have some in depth conversations,  my companion is a writer of novels and she told me she goes to old cemeteries to see if she can see any different or old names to use in her books.  Of course, that subject was discussed during our travel.   Last night we discussed if we still had any memorabilia from our childhood still in our possession.  When we came to Canada, we could only bring so much personal stuff with us, so my sister and I had to choose.  What does a 12 and 10 old choose to keep or leave behind forever.  

I chose my books about the Royal family, butterflies, birds and flowers of the UK books.  All of which are in my cedar chest.  Also, carried with me an autograph book, which contains sayings and signatures from school friends some forgotten but two still write.  I also have signatures of some of the crew from the ship we sailed on and some local TV personalities, who have now all passed.

Do you have anything from your childhood?  If so, what and if not, why.

Went for our walk this morning after I dug out my hiking poles, they gave me a bit of confidence walking on the street and sidewalks today as some areas were a bit slick.   Will use it every day during the Winter when it looks a bit slippery.

Dinner tonight leftovers,  no cooking for me tonight, thank goodness for the microwave.

Have a great day.


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. I have some books and an antique doll from my childhood. I was never allowed to play with her as she was old even then. I think she dates from the late 1800s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the quilts are much appreciated by the patients. My craft group makes Twiddlemuffs for dementia patients in Care homes and they are in great demand.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...