Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Golden Globes

We have one in the sky and we watched the award show for the Golden Globes on TV last night.

First the one shining, it is a little muted today but we could still see our shadows  when we went for a walk this morning.  Plus 2*C with a brisk wind from the East, those winds usually bring us rain and/or freezing rain at this time of the year.  Rain for most of tomorrow is the forecast with plus 5*C.   We don't need to shovel rain, so I will take it any time.

The award show, I watch it mostly to see the fashions the rich and famous are wearing.   Certainly glad I am not rich and famous as some of the clothes I would not be caught dead in.  What ever possess a woman to wear a dress she cannot walk in as it is so tight, those shoes do not help in any way either.  One "star" had to keep hauling up the top of her dress as her boobs were pulling it down just a little more than she was comfortable with.  My advise to her, don't wear a strapless dress when you are so well endowed as she was. 

Oh my goodness.. that reminds me of me a lot of years ago.   I was going to a dinner/dance with late hubby and several couple friends.  This is at a time when everyone would buy a new outfit for a special function as this was.   Went shopping with one of the other women, both of us were wanting a strapless dress, found the ones we liked, picked up a bra and off we went to the dressing rooms, she in hers and me in mine..  Appropriate undergarment in place, then the dress, all set for the test.  The test, to see if this dress stayed up where I wanted it.   Jumping up and down, twisting, bending and stretching....it passed.   We looked quite fashionable and had a great time.  OK, back to the fashions of today.

Men, those styles range from shirts hanging out of the pants, tuxedoes, red dresses and everything else in between.

I am just an old fuddy duddy,  who has a difficult time to accept these fashions which are more than likely not the ones these people would want to wear in the first place.  They have an image to keep up for us the movie goers and TV watchers.  Fashion designers want their clothing to be seen and what better place than an award show.  

Some of the movies which received awards I have seen, plus a couple which I would like to see, if an when they come to the big screen.

Dinner tonight chicken, steamed cabbage, mushrooms and maybe some rice.  Not sure if we will even have dessert tonight, but may get out some of the goodies I made for the holidays.  

Have a great day.


Cheers.

 

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have done the wriggle and jump test. Saves so much embarrassment later on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still eating mince pies a friend made for me!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...