Friday, December 30, 2022

It's almost gone

Yes, 2022 is almost gone and along with it most of our snow.  Only small piles of it left where it was the deepest.   By the time the temps finish being above the zero mark there will be none left.  Making room for more to come next year and it usually does in Jan. and Feb. and most likely in March too.

Went out to an "all you can eat" sushi restaurant last night, it was so good, half the time did not know what I was eating but, that didn't matter it was all very good.   Enjoyed my evening with DD2, SIN and 2GD's.  Hubby also came, not use if he liked what he ate but, he had his fill.  

One GD is leaving tomorrow the other on Monday, not sure when I will see either one of them again, both are so busy with school and live many miles away, so it could be not until Summer some time.

Had my turkey soup for lunch today, it was very good, even it I say so myself.   May continue to make more homemade soups  in the future.  There is always some satisfaction in eating something you made yourself instead of buying it.  Likely much healthier for you too.

Not much going on today, and we are not doing anything for the New Year either.   Will watch the New York city ball drop with a glass of bubbly for me and a couple of snacks, that will be all of the excitement for us.

We have been having a cleaning company come in and do a biweekly vacuum and dusting, I am thinking of telling Hubby just to cancel their visits as I feel they do not do much for the price they get for it.  They do not move anything, not my way of cleaning.   I hate to do it as they are two nice ladies and I am sure they need the job, but...........    

We are having salmon for dinner tonight.

Have a wonderful day/evening.

Cheers.

 

3 comments:

  1. Homemade soup is so satisfying. Both the making and the consuming.
    Many cleaning companies don't let their staff move things for fear of breakages. I often wonder what the cleaners' houses look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son is cooking a turkey tomorrow, I am hoping he will send some our way!! Love turkey soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love home made soups. My Scottish brother in law made some really interesting combinations that piqued my interest in making more. I doubt if we will be awake to see the ball drop. We've never really celebrated New Years beyond maybe having family in for dinner on New Years Day.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...