Thursday, December 29, 2022

Damp

Sun was just starting to rise when we got up and stayed around until mid morning, now we have clouds, which are forecast to bring rain for a few days.  Temp is up tp 8*C so a lot of the snow is  melting, because the soil is frozen solid it will not be able to soak in, staying on the top and along with the rain may lead to some flooding.

Did not get to finish the turkey soup yesterday, so at present it is simmering away on the stove, must admit is is smelling delicious.  Lunches for tomorrow and Saturday.  I do  not make a lot of soup, no idea why, maybe a New Year's resolution should be made to do that.  Not fond of a lot of floaty stuff in my soups if I don't know what they are, ie: rice, pasta, lentils etc.  

Visited my great grands yesterday afternoon, they were happy with their gift, money.  At the end of January, their grandparents gave them train tickets, tickets to see the aquarium in a big city, so I gave them money so they could buy something in the souvenir shop while they are there.  They were all pleased.  My GGS will be 13 in March, and I swear he has grown two inches since I last saw him in September.  now he has got to be 6 feet tall,  a basket ball player in the making? maybe so.

No dinner to cook tonight going to have an early New Year's dinner with DD2 and family and also say goodbye to my GD's who are leaving on the weekend.

Have a great day/evening.

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. It's funny how everyone grows, but as we get older we shrink!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually blend my soups so I don't have to play the guessing game.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...