Thursday, December 08, 2022

Christmassy

 Yesterday I got out my Christmas cards to write the UK ones and get them in the mail.  While in the closet I brought out a few decorations to put me in the spirit.    Pillows on the sofa, table cloth on the dining room table for starters.   During the next week I will get out some more, not putting a lot around the house, just a few things so I don't look like a non believer of the man in red. 

I am working on a Christmas wall hanging of my own design,  will take photo's when it is on the wall in the kitchen.

Had a nice long chat with DD2 this afternoon.

Plans for hosting my family might have to be done in two sittings, as DD2 only has one day off during the holidays, her daughters, my grands, are home from university for  a short while, one has to get back to the lab to make sure her experimental plants are OK.  Some calls are going to be made to ask what the rest of the family has off for the holidays.

Cloudy and dull day and cold breeze, the forecast indicates it all down hill from here.   I did go for a walk bundled up, so it wasn't too cold.  Glad to get back into the nice warm house.

Not much else going on.

Cheers.


1 comment:

  1. I've discovered our Christmas dinner plan is getting out of hand. I want to split it up too. DD works funny shifts a Tim Horton so I'll have to work around that. Grandson's little ones also go to the mothers at some point. Modern life is tough at these times isn't it? I remember when I was young, EVERYTHING shut down at Christmas and we would all gather one place for Christmas and another place for New Year dinners. So one household didn't get the full responsibility. Out house has the biggest and best equipment kitchen and reception rooms in our family circle so we always seem to end up getting the meals.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...