Saturday, December 10, 2022

Christmas tree

 We had a beautiful sunrise and that ball of fire is still shining down, however, it has become quite windy, so we are not getting much heat out of it today.   Snow is predicted for tomorrow, how much? not sure those clouds coming off the lake can be fickle, inches of snow in some places and just a few flakes or none at all 50 miles away.  Hope we are included in the latter.

While the cleaning ladies were here I finished my Christmas tree wall hanging and hung it up in the kitchen later in the afternoon.   It is made entirely of scraps of green, white and ivory/beige scraps.   After putting it all together I cut holes where I wanted to have a light and then fused red fabric around the hole so it would not fray.  Inserted a small string of battery powered lights, ( don't worry, they are the kind that do not get hot and they will not be lite for any length of time anyway, so no fear of a fire).  Put together the sandwich of batting and a backing and quilted the background.   Placed the battery pack in a pocket, now I have a lighted Christmas tree in the kitchen.   Here is the photo I promised.  It is square, the battery pack makes it look crooked.


The lights do not show up a lot as I used the flash to take the photo, happy with the experiment, would I do another, possibly,  I would change the background fabrics and try to come up with another way to secure the lights on the tree.  For now, it will be OK.

We went out for dinner, tried a restaurant we had never been to before, the panzerotti was huge, unfortunately what made it so big was the pastry/bread all around the meat and cheese, it was really too thick.   Next time I would choose a pizza, as the one on the table next to us looked delicious.

Laundry on, lunch soon and then off to get ingredients for fruit cake and make a start on that today.

Have a great day,

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous christmas tree. I love the idea of the lights.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...