Sunday, March 13, 2022

What are you doing today?

What am I doing today?...trying to decide if it is breakfast or lunch time.  Daylight Savings Time started at 2:00 a.m. we don't put our clocks ahead the hour until we get up in the morning.  Therefor it was a late breakfast, we should have waited an hour or two and had brunch, instead of having the entire day all mixed up.   It takes me a couple of days to get my body rhythm to get adjusted to the new time.  Even though it is just an hour it really does make a difference to your body, a mild case of jet lag.

We have snow falling, again!  Even my Christmas Cactus thinks it's Winter again or should say still, as it is blooming again.  

When I moved in with Hubby his house was full of artificial silk flowers and greenery, I hated every single one of them and eventually have got rid of them from the house.  They are used instead outside in planters where it is too shady for anything to grow. They are near the time to actually be put in the garbage.  Now I have live plants,  not all of them flower but, have interesting shapes and sizes, a bonus they clean the air.  I am a person who needs to nurture plants and flowers, so can't wait until I can get outside and get my hands dirty tending to my plants, in the meantime I look after my indoor plants.   The geraniums that have wintered in the window downstair are now blooming with the additional sunshine we have been having recently.   I will be taking cuttings shortly, they will go in the garden in May.  

So, what are you doing today?  a day of rest, shovelling snow, going to the beach or just enjoying family time.  

Last night for dinner I had put some stewing beef, can of mushroom soup, half a package of dry onion soup, some brown gravy mix and a soup can of water in the slow cooker and let it do its thing all day, Then added a can of whole mushrooms just before serving on a bed of noodles.  Also had a caesar  salad.  It was quite tasty.  I had also made a lemon poke cake for dessert.   Tonight, leftover meat and mushroom with a baked potato, cauliflower and another piece of cake.  

Have a great day.



4 comments:

  1. Your dinner menus always give me ideas, Pat! I have been lazy today and just pottered around or read. Now the fire`s on to keep me cozy while the snow continues to fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I struggle to find ideas for meals, even though I have been doing it, for what seems like eons. Late husband had serious diabetes, so it was a very strict diet, nice to cook whatever strikes my fancy now.

      Delete
  2. We had a massive thunderstorm last night. I was lovely to listen to. Not sure what we will do today. It is beach weather but that means the great unwashed will also be there. I prefer the beach in winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to be terrified of thunderstorms, don't mind them now. Beach weather, I wish.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...