Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Throw open the windows

It was very foggy when we got up this morning so it took a long time for the sun to burn it off but, once it did we had a beautiful day. The bedroom and upstairs bathroom both had their windows open.   I closed the doors so not as to make the furnace run any more than it has to.  The temp got up to 18*C during the afternoon and we picked up all of the branches and twigs that were either blown down or broken off by the snow on the front lawn.   There was also a lot of little twiggy bits that a squirrel had in the tree trying several times to make a nest but, was unsuccessful.

Hubby worked on some painting he needed to do for some wood for his daughter's house, raked up some leaves and helped with the branches.   Now.....shhhhh he is having a nap after filling his tummy from dinner.

I did go for a half hour walk this afternoon, it was too nice to stay inside after being cooped up all winter.   There was still a little nip in the air when I was facing the light wind, but the sun soon warmed me up when I headed in a different direction.  

All the school children are on March break this week and I did not see one single child outside playing.   Grant you, I was not near a public playground or anywhere where children could play but I would have expected to see some of them outside.   

Not much else happening here today, I guess what I wrote is plenty.

Have a good evening.


3 comments:

  1. You are warming up and we are cooling down. I wonder if we will one day soon share a maximum temp? Hopefully the children will be out soon and not stuck in front of screens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to take the children some time to get back into the swing of things again. I was thrilled to see several young lads playing ball hockey at a dead end street this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your nice weather is heading our way. Still very messy underfoot here - too early to do any work in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...