Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Robins and Red Winged Blackbirds.

For me a true sign Spring is on the doorstep,  is the return of Robins, they were on the front lawn and Red Winged Blackbirds at the feeder this morning.  The robins might find it hard to find worms, however, I am sure they will lots to eat, they always do.

Across the street from us there is a monastery for cloistered nuns, (we have to behave ourselves, lol).   The grounds keepers of the University do all of their garden work, yesterday they removed the burlap wraps from the small evergreen trees that were planted a couple of years ago.   Today they are out raking the lawn to pick up all of the broken twigs and small branches from the trees on the lawn.  They are also blowing the gravel and sand that was used to keep the pathways clear of snow and ice, digging the soil around the trees, a bit early for that I would think but they were not going down very deep as I am sure it is still frozen.  

We have a cloudy day,  it is possible that we might have rain at some point in the day, however, not looking much like it at the moment.  

Just came back from doing our grocery shopping, picking up the usual items we use on a regular basis.  There were a few specials we took advantage of but, nothing new was put in the cart.   On the spring equinox we plan on having a steak on the BBQ to celebrate the end of Winter, just keeping our fingers crossed  the weather is spring like, nothing turns  the first BBQ  into a total disaster than a snow storm. 

Hubby is depressed by the war in Ukraine,  we had a discussion, read serious talk, as he was not talking to me, just "yes" or "no" answers, no conversation at all.  He has been a lot better since that happened and we don't watch any of the TV reports.  He does read the news papers as they are not as graphic as the TV.   

Has not done much today, however, do intend on doing some more sewing this afternoon aster I have had a short walk.

Dinner tonight, our usual Tuesday,  chicken, asparagus I do have leftover potatoes from last night so they will get warmed up.  I also made fruit in jelly yesterday, so dessert is all taken care of too.

So that is me for today, have a great day.

 

3 comments:

  1. I`m surprised how much further ahead of us you are, although I did see a robin yesterday. The situation in Ukraine is just awful so it is not surprising to feel depressed about it. How on earth could there possibly be a good outcome. I feel quite guilty that I can`t do anything to help except donate to a charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't watch the news these days. My partners family are Ukrainian from Manitoba, originally from Kyev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's the instability of the lunatic that is causing the conflict that is the really scary thing. Throw China into the mix in our neck of the woods and one can really believe we are teetering on the edge of WWIII

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...