Saturday, March 05, 2022

Hello been AWOL

 So why.....we have been.decorating the bathroom downstairs.   Painted the walls and the woodwork.  It is a small bathroom, so only one person and a ladder can actually work in the at a time.  I like painting so Hubby was more than happy to stay out.   We are currently repairing the shower stall, some caulking needs to be replaced. 

Oh! our aching bodies, two 80 year olds should have learnt a lesson a long time ago, extra activities you have not done in a long time, cause PAIN.

Not much else to say today.

My Mum died three years ago today.  The time has gone by so fast, but I still miss her.  Every Wednesday and Sunday I would call her when she was living in her home.  Even now on a few Sundays I find myself making  my way to the phone and catch myself just in time.   

Today is also a 18th birthday for Hubby's grandson.  We will be heading over to wish him a Happy Birthday and have pizza and cake.   


5 comments:

  1. I don't envy you the pain of decorating - you are brave souls to tackle even a small job! My grandson will be 16 this week so I will be there tomorrow for a small party - just the family and the two grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had not had pizza and a cake with such rich sweet icing for a long time, it was all very good and I could not eat all of the icing, however today, we are both aware of the salt and sugar which we ate.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I need to do my upstairs bathroom over this summer. We need to rip out the shower stall altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are OK. I was getting worried! Your mum must have been a good age.
    It's hard work but you will be thrilled with the results, I'm sure. But I agree - even at 65 I struggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mother was in her 102nd year when she passed.
      The bathroom is looking so much nicer, worth all of the pain.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...