Friday, March 18, 2022

Update on a finish

Finished sewing this small chickadee wall-hanging today.  We have these birds at our feeder every day of the year.

It is almost square, 15 1/2 x 16 inches,  I designed it myself, with some help from pictures on the web.

Really pleased with the final result.  I love the process of making and completing a quilt but, also need the creative side of doing this kind of fabric art once in awhile.   I didn't have the fabric that I needed for the breast and body of the birds, so I used tea to stain them with the colour needed.   Placed a tea bag in a small container, added small amount of boiling water and used a paint brush to apply the liquid.   Several coats were applied close to the base of their bodies to give it the darker colour needed.  The flowers were stripped from a sprig of silk flowers I had then, applied with a hot glue gun.   

Now on to finishing a quilt top so I can take it with me to our quilting meeting on Thursday, and give it to the long arm quilter.   I will also show a photo of it when completed.

Hope you like looking at my work.




3 comments:

  1. I love your work, Pat! How talented and artistic you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hanging is amazing. I love how you dyed with tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of Creativity went into this!!!!!!!!

    🐇💗🐇

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...