Friday, November 13, 2020

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

Yesterday was a wet day, .....no not rain........ when I went to wash my hands at 7:30a.m I discovered there was no hot water, going to check out what might be the problem I found waster all over the furnace room floor.  The water heater had sprung a leak.  Using the wet vac I started to suck up the waster, however, now the heater is leaking faster than I could pick it up.  Called Hubby to found out where I could find the telephone number for the service company.  (You have to remember I have only been in this house for five years and we have never had a problem like this before, and he keeps all of this information in a file in his desk),  thus the reason for calling him.   Called,  they would be here between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m.  that is not acceptable I said, so now got a time for he will be there in 15 mins.  And he was, very helpful young man, a new heater would be installed early afternoon.   And it was.  we now have hot water.   We are a spoiled society, can you believe I had to boil water in the kettle to be able wash the lunch dishes.   I can't remember how many times I automatically turned on the hot water tap.

We were going to have a stew for dinner, however, it did not happen as I did not have time to get it ready so it would have been edible later in the day.   Found some ham in the freezer, so it was ham, beans and biscuits and it was quite good.  Tonight we had the stew.

This afternoon we got our flu shot. we were able to get the "high dose" designed for those people over 65 years of age.  It is four times as effective as the regular dose, so feeling good about that.

We take a vitamin for our eye health, and originally purchased it in our local drug store, but while shopping at a well known department store I found the same brand a lot cheaper than what we were getting at the drug store.  We were getting low so purchased some at the dept store.  the price $11.47 on special,   at the drug store when we were getting our shot, the price was $23.99.  ????   

Cool day today, cloudy and the air felt damp, so feeling a lot colder than the actual temp.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...