Tuesday, November 24, 2020

It's going

 A lot of the snow we had has now melted due to the 6*C weather we had yesterday.  Today we had some early morning sunshine, but it did not last long, however, more of that white stuff melted.  Tomorrow Wed, we are forecast rain, so do not see the snow lasting much longer.

Grocery day, and again we went early in the morning, only one person shopping other than us.  The mall is in a senior houses complex, so I think the snowy, slippery ground, and the cold temps are keeping people inside.  I believe I mentioned previously, we buy several of something that is on sale, but only if it is something we use.  We have a cold room, cupboard, fridge and a freezer all full of food, so next week we will not do a full shop, only milk, eggs fresh fruit and veg.  If someone came in the house they would think we were expecting all the stores to close for at least a month or more, so we are going to start using our store cupboard food.

Today I did the kitchen job I  hate  to do......clean the oven.  It is a self cleaning oven and I have never used that feature, good old elbow grease is my method.  The oven door comes off, that really did make the job so much easier.  (Do you have a job that you just hate doing ?)   Now it is spic and span, ready for me to bake a few Christmas cookies, it not Christmas for me, if I don't bake cookies.  Will not be doing my regular shortbread cookie  recipe, it makes so many, and there will not be any one to eat them, so what is the point.  I do have other recipes that are just as good and results in fewer cookies.  Do you bake special cookies only at Christmas?  What is your favourite? 

Working on my collage wall hanging, loving the way it is looking so fsr.

Dinner tonight was chicken, baked potato and asparagus.  Butterscotch pudding for dessert.


1 comment:

  1. I have never used the auto-clean feature on any stove I've ever owned either. I never liked the high heat involved with it. And I'm like you... I doubted if it would ever get it as clean as I could, with good old-fashioned elbow grease. I don't bake or cook much anymore, that creates a mess, so I don't have to clean my oven as much. Back when the kids were small, my oven used to get icky pretty quick. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...