Saturday, November 14, 2020

Done and Dusted

 Today we finished picking up all the leaves, another ten large paper garden bags off to the recycle.  We recycle the bags, emptying them and bring them home again for a refill and that will not be done until the weeds are pulled from the gardens in the Spring.

There was ice in the bird bath this morning and the temp went down to -1*C, there was a beautiful sun rise and we had a lovely sunny day, albeit  cold.  It might be the last sunny day we see, as rain is forecast for tomorrow and the "S" word, for the first couple days next week.  Getting my Winter tires put on, on Thursday.

We got our "high dose" flu shot yesterday, so we should be OK for the flu, if it starts going around.  We have always received it and thankfully we have never got the flu so hope it is the same for this year.  Reports in the paper are expecting fewer than normal cases this Fall and Winter, due to more people wearing masks, distancing six feet and staying in their homes. 

Tomorrow is my birthday, 79 years old, how it that happen.  I am so grateful for being healthy, (I do have high blood pressure though) but meds keep that under control.  I do not feel that old, well.....maybe the morning after I overdid  some work the previous day, but other than that I am good.  Once I get my eyes done in the next couple of weeks I should be as good as new.

Dinner tonight was salmon, mushrooms, broccoli, and kale salad.   Fruit in jelly for dessert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...