Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Quieter morning

We had a lot of snow yesterday which was blown around by the high winds, sometimes it looked like a blizzard. could not see anything.  Sun looks as if it shine and the temp is climbing above the zero mark.

Housework day yesterday, need to do some more today, my house is not dirty or untidy, but I need to know that it has been cleaned every once in awhile.  The bathrooms and kitchen, of course, get more attention than the rest of the house.  

Just downloaded the pattern and information of a collage wall hanging, I debated for a few days before doing it, and then decided it was a late birthday gift.....for me.....from me.  It a picture of a cardinal, the bird, not the religious one.   We have a lot of these coming to our feeders throughout the year, so thought it fitting to make this small wall hanging.  It will only be about 14 - 16 inches square when it is finished so just the right size for the hanging bracket I have in the kitchen.  Looking forward to assembling the fabrics later today.  Currently making the block for our quilting guild's chemo quilt for the month of November.  Still working on my grand daughters quilt also.

Speaking of my granddaughter, she is the youngest of my grand children, and she was enrolled in aviation collage, however, due to the COVID her year was cancelled.  She is a member of her local Canadian Air Cadets, (a bragging moment, she is 18 years old and already has two pilot licenses) .  Back to what I was going to write, she and three other cadets are doing a survival camping weekend.  Sleeping, cooking and eating everything outside, except for the toilet necessities.  They also have to visit historical places throughout the two days and I assume write a report on everything they do.  All this is to hopefully received the Duke of Edinburgh Award and a scholarship.   All I can say is, I hope the weather improves for them.

Well should get myself moving.

Dinner tonight, pork shops, applesauce, broccoli, salad and lemon poke cake.  Hubby's favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...