Thursday, June 11, 2020

Violent weather

 Yesterday's weather was just the right mix of heat and humid to spawn some bad weather.  The forecast indicated we would get some thunderstorms, high winds and lots of rain, with the potential for tornadoes.
It was windy all day, however, around 6:30 p.m it became very dark because of the black clouds in the sky, the wind picked up and then it died down, so we thought it was all over with just a blow.  Then later the same thing happened but this time with thunder and lightening, along with wind and rain.  It did not last long, so we were in the clear, however, about 15-20 miles from us  roofs were blown off barns and trees uprooted.  Investigators are going to be on site today to confirm a small tornado touched down.
This morning all is calm, humidity gone, blue sky, light winds, but so much cooler, it actually feels cold. 

The world is opening up gradually from the virus shutdowns and isolation, how do I know that?   The scammers are starting to call me about my Visa bill and also my Amazon account, which I dont have.  Soon it will be the computer guy telling me they can help me fix my computer.

Tonight my quilting guild is having another Zoom meeting, our task for this one is to show our first quilt.  Can't remember when I made my first one,  I had read a lot of magazines, but really did not know what I was doing.  It looked OK at the time, but when I look back at what I had made and compare to the ones I do know, I have gained a lot more knowledge about making quilts.

Just got off of my Zoom meeting with the quilting group, technology it such a wonderful thing especially during these trying times.   It is possible we may be able to have an in person meeting soon.

Stay safe stay well

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...