Sunday, June 14, 2020

Paper piecing

If you have been reading my blog in the past you are aware I am a quilter using many different methods of constructing my blocks.   Our guild is celebrating our 20th anniversary in October, and in March we were advised two of our members were making a round robin challenge.  This quilt is to be made by each member, every month we are given a different round to add to this quilt.  We can use any colour, any block but we must follow the task set out each month.  I wanted to make a Christmas quilt, however, did not have enough fabric for that, then I started on a panel, and it was not working our very well either,  So when the stores opened up I bought more fabric and started, now I am three moths behind schedule.   Decided to do a Mariners Compass for the center block.......bad idea, but I am muddling through.  Not a fan of paper piecing but love the preciseness of it.  Got my paper pieces and started, it is taking me forever  to finish this block, then I looked at the month of May's requirement, be damned if it isn't a round with some paper piecing in it.  Going to find a simple block for that one.  Don't know how anyone can make an entire quilt this way.  Are you a quilter, have you ever done paper piecing and do you like doing it?

Worked in the garden this afternoon, it is a lovely day, sunny, not too hot and no bugs.

Now getting ready to prepare dinner,  on the menu pulled pork on a bun, salad and brown beans, dessert chocolate cake and ice cream.  Simple and easy but quite tasty.
 
So that is for me today,

Stay safe stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...