Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Hiking Poles

Usually I go for a mile and a half walk on a daily basis, its not much but at least its a walk and find I feel a lot better after the blood get moving.  There is a specific route I take in the subdivision  we live in, it is a quiet area and the streets do not get all the attention they should get  and there are not sidewalks so the street is where people walk including me.  As a 78 year old I thought just to make sure no falls take place on the rough road, two hiking poles would ensure a trouble free walk.  Today was the first day using them.  Took a little while to get into the rhythm, but felt good once that was accomplished.  Found that I walked more upright than I had been, so that is good.  All in all pleased with the experience.

Going to be hotter today than yesterday with more humidity,  and it is going to be a few uncomfortable days until it coos down a bit early next week.

Received and invitation for an 80th birthday "drive by" which is happening tomorrow afternoon.  This man is a friend of my hubby, they were both best men at each other's wedding, so they go back quite a long day.

Flower baskets need to be watered, so should get that job done.

Dinner tonight, ham, asparagus, and salad, dessert strawberries and cream, the local ones are just coming into the stores now.

Stay safe stay well
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...