Saturday, November 25, 2023

So good, but I was bad

 Last evening was the last Friday of the month pot luck dinner.  My contribution was the bean salad and it must have been good as very little was left over for me to bring back home.  All of the food was so good, hard to resist a lot of the dishes.  I usually take small portions of most everything.  It's the desserts, my downfall.  The carrot and pineapple cake....Yum! fudge, butter tarts, fruit cake --Oh so tempting. 

There is always a draw prize at these dinner often donated by one of the residents.  This dinner being the last one before Christmas there were a lot of donations.  I made four placemats and coasters, which were divided into two separate prizes.   They were a success as the comments were encouraging. Lots of laughs and conversation, a good time was had by all.

As I was leaving one of the women approached me and as she knew I sewed, she asked me to repair something for her.  She will bring it around this afternoon and I will see what I can do.  A new occupation??  Seamstress?  

Yesterday there were a few little snow balls in the air.  not cold enough for flakes, which is just fine with me.  Today we have lovely sunshine, but it's still nippy, only 0*C at 10:00 a.m.  

Visitors coming tomorrow, my GS "C" and family, they will be here in the morning, baby "M" is only three months old and Mum keeps her on a very strict schedule for naps.  Which is fine, every parent does what they feel is the "right" way to bring up their children right from the very beginning.  

Well better get on with my day, must do a walk sometime today, work off some of those calories consumed last evening.  

Have a great day


Cheers.



1 comment:

  1. My daughter in law was the same with her babies. I think it was more for her sanity than the kids but whatever works!
    Your potluck dinner sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...