Monday, November 20, 2023

Another one

 I cannot believe the lovely days we are having, BUT they are coming to an abrupt end as the temps are getting back to normal to what we usually have at this time of the year.

My birthday dinner with my ex was a big disaster on my actual birthday, so yesterday he took me to a seafood restaurant for dinner.  It was absolutely delicious, certainly well worth the wait.  Shrimp and lobster, yum.

I have been looking for a small bench to put beside my entry door so that I and visitors can sit down to put on their footwear.  I have spent a small fortune recently on new furniture and honestly could not justify spending  a lot on some of the benches in the stores.   Looked on a local second hand site on Facebook and found the perfect one, price was right so today I go and pick it up.  Where I have to go is in a new neighborhood, so feel OK about going to this house, making sure I am aware of my surroundings etc.  That may sound a bit strange but there are so many stories of things happening, one has to be careful.

Today I need to get some fabric cut in preparation for a full sewing day tomorrow with my guild.  One of our members passed a couple of years ago and we were given her fabric, so we are making quilts for a local shelter.  It will be a fun day, lots of conversation and I am sure someone will bring goodies for snacks.

So with that, I am gone.

Have a great day.


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. That's nice that the two of you still get along - your dinner sounds wonderful. Hope you have a fun day tomorrow and get lots of quilting done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the fabric to make quilts for a shelter is a lovely nod to your late member.
    Our prawn (shrimp) season should start any day now and I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...