Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Dug them out

Yesterday I had the urge to go down to the locker to dig out the Christmas decorations I brought with me to my new home.  Not many made the trip but, just a few to make it feel as if it was the season.  Even though my apartment is spacious there is really no place to hang, display or place a lot of Christmas decorations.  I have no intention of getting a tree, the colourful balls that usually hung there are in a large glass planter.  Looking at it this morning, I am not too sure I like it so, it could be in for a new look later today.   The wreath is up on my entry door and looking quite at home.  A nativity scene and a cushion on the chair is all I am going to do.  

 On Sunday, I had a lovely visit with GDS and family.  I now have drawings on my fridge door curtesy of "A" who is 41/2 years old.  "M" was napping all the time they were here, so "A" received all of the attention, her nose was a little out of joint when "M" arrived.

My DD2 invited me for dinner of home made turkey soup and biscuits in the evening, so I had a great day with family.   Bare with me while I do a Grandma brag.  While at DD2 she told me GD "C" who is 21years old and is going to college to learn how to be a pilot,  did her first international solo flight to Vermont U.S.A.  Also, GD "K"  25 years, who is doing her PhD in  plant Biology is having her experiments in the lab working.  Her Prof. asked her to attend a conference in Hawaii next year to present her success in these  experiments.  So proud of these two girls.   

It's COLD.  Yesterday, I decided to get myself out for a walk even though it was snowing a little.  Ended up doing 3 km's, however as I was walking the snow fell harder not as flakes but snow pellets.  The weather conditions were not favorable for the flakes.  They came down so hard I could hear them hit the hood on my coat. Not a lot of accumulation which is just fine with me.  Today, it is sunny with some clouds, temp at -6*C however, with the wind it feels  like -13*C as I write this at 9:35 a.m. Time to bundle up.   If the sun continues to shine as it is now I will venture out after lunch.

Time to look at that glass vase and those balls.

Have a great day


Cheers.


4 comments:

  1. Hope you managed to get in your walk. I was chicken and just exercised indoors today. The wind was bitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brag away. Those girls have done amazing things at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly have, hate to think what they might be doing if they were still in China.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I did get my walk in 3kms again. I was bundled up, so really did not find it too bad when I was walking in the Northern direction.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...