Sunday, November 05, 2023

Extra Hour

Last night we put our clocks back an hour,  evenings will seem a bit longer now, which I do not like very much.  It happens every year so it is really nothing new, just wish the time would stay either one way or the other, the reasons for changing the clocks went out years ago.

After a couple of days of cloudy wet and cold conditions, today we have sunshine which is nice to see for a change.  Can't rely on November weather to be anything else but changeable like we currently have.  

Went to an estate fabric sale yesterday morning, I cannot imagine anyone having so much sewing and knitting supplies as the woman who had everything at this sale.  I picked up some small pieces of fabric and two books, some women were coming out with bags and bags of stuff.  Not much of the knitting yarn was purchased, there was a lot of that.  

Then I went to a mall for a quick bite of lunch and a wander around the stores for a pair of dress slacks.  I am short and of a certain age, so I do have some saggy bits on my upper legs.  Finding a petit size which is made for women 5ft 3 inches and under which fits me is almost an impossibility.  The pants are either for people with bean poles for legs and have no hips or tummy or women which are plump.  The ones I could get on were so baggy around the bum and thighs two people my size could fit in them, grant you they were the proper length in the leg so needed no alterations there.  Fabric, do they not manufacture fabric without being stretchy any more, I do not want clothing to be clinging to my body to show every ripple or roll.  Needless  to say, no dress pants came home with me yesterday even though I went into expensive and cheap women's clothing stores.  

The way I see it is, a strict diet of nothing so I can fit into skinny pants, a diet to gain some poundage so the baggy pants can fit, or stay the same as I am and keep on looking.  I will take, the keep on looking, I can alter clothing so that might be another option. 

So what am I doing today, not sure at the moment, such a nice day to stay inside, so definitely a walk is on the agenda, after that we will see.

 Have a great day,


Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...