Thursday, November 09, 2023

Not much today

 Yesterday was a busy and tiring day for me,  going here, there and everywhere doing the shopping I needed to do in weather not to my liking.  Today will be aa little quieter, only going for my walk, as I have not been for a couple of days, then some sewing this afternoon.

It is still cloudy, no rain in the forecast and the temp is also on the plus side of zero today with promise of some sunshine for the next few days.

I still send out a few Christmas cards, so one of my stops yesterday was to get some stamps.  Some go to the UK and those stamps are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.  Will have to find my box of cards and start writing them early next week.  

I picked up a couple copies of the calendar  which has one of my photo's chosen to be used in it.  My photo is for the month of June this year.   This is the photo chosen.

.


I like taking photo's have been doing it for aa long time, the camera's I have had and still have are not expensive, no big long lens either.  I was told several years ago it's not the camera but the operator that takes good photo's.  It also helps to have an artistic eye.  I don't consider myself to have one of those, it is more luck for me to take a decent photo.  I do take multiple pics of subjects, that way I can pick the one I like the most and erase the others.  Thank goodness for the digital cameras we have now.

Well time to get a move on.

Have a great day.

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Did you get any of that nasty weather last night? We got five or six inches of snow, but no freezing rain, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who sews will have an eye for colour and placement. You take glorious photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo was certainly note-worthy. I can see why it was selected. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...