Tuesday, November 14, 2023

It's November?

Blue sky, not a cloud in sight, time for an afternoon walk.  The sun had some heat in it, however, the breeze was cool when walking into it.

Three or more km's today, I don't have the fancy phone that records all that stuff, but there is a sign on the pathway which indicates km's from where I started to the end point when I get off of it.  Did an extra walk around the park, so should be close to almost four km's I would think.

As my title said, is it November,  there were workers from Parks and recreation working in their shirt sleeves, as were some others laying sod next to a newly paved street.  I saw several robins, hopping on the ground that were obviously finding tender morsels to eat either bugs or seeds. Robins are a bird that migrates to warmer climes in the Autumn, however, there are a few hearty souls they stay here, so suspect they are the ones here for the Winter.  A bee on a lonesome dandelion, and two butterflies flying around..  

With the sun shining through my balcony door I can see all of the spots that need a good clean, will be a chore for tomorrow, along with cleaning my refrigerator. 

The management arranged for a photographer to come in today to take pictures of those people who would like one.  My appointment is shortly after 6:00 p.m. cannot remember when I last had a formal photo taken. 

Tomorrow I will be 28 years old, no just kidding, switched the numbers, it sounds a lot better than the other way around.  Received cards in the mail yesterday from my two school friends in the UK.  One I have know since I was four years old, the other was when I was eight.  Writing back and forth since 1954.  Looking back, I wish I had saved at least one letter from each one of those years, unfortunately one never thinks about that when you are young. 

Well, should think about an early dinner, or maybe I might wait and have a late one, I did have a later lunch so possibly the last option is the one I will do.  Going have some salmon and that will not take long to prepare.

Have a great day


Cheers.


 

2 comments:

  1. Salmon sounds nice - I usually keep a small piece in the freezer for just such a day. I was out for lunch today so will just have soup and a sandwich. Will we get to see your formal photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salmon was very tasty, I always have a small piece on hand too. Will you get to see my photo? if it is is a decent one, of course, I am not very photogenic, so we shall see.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...