Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sister B- Day

 Cloudy and wet again today, not that warm either.   Cannot complain, it could be worse with winds blowing making it feel colder than it actually is.  April showers bring May flowers.  OK.. mother nature, this is the last day of April, sunshine tomorrow??

When in England, May 1st always had us doing Maypole dancing, have you ever done that?

Back to the subject of the day.

I made this quilt for my sister, I gave it to her for her birthday.  The photo was taken in 2008, when I was making it,  so I do believe it was for her 55th birthday the following year.  I really enjoyed doing this pattern, using small pieces of fabric it certainly helped to get the bin of scrapes reduced somewhat, however, the bin has now increased in size and is full again.  





This is just the top of the quilt, it still needed to be sandwiched with batting and backing, quilted and a binding put on.  A photo of the finished quilt or of me giving it to her was not taken.  

After looking at this quilt again today, I may just find the pattern and do another to use up more of my smaller pieces of fabric.  However, I would not make it as scrappy as this one, would use all of the same white fabric for the background of the blocks, as I look at this photo now, some of the white really dominates some and takes away from the entire look the soft pale colours.

The second photo is a close up of part of the boarder.

Have a great day.

Cheers.

 



4 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous, Pat! Your sister was very fortunate to be the recipient of such a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious quilt, Pat. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...