Saturday, April 08, 2023

Happy Easter

 Hope you are all having a Happy Easter weekend.

I will be preparing Easter dinner tomorrow for some of Hubby's family and want to get over and see my great grands for awhile.  Not giving a lot of chocolate, one does not like it, one is allergic to nuts, they all like fruit so making up a basket of mixed sweets and fruit.   Grandma will, I am sure have hid the eggs.

Brings back memories Easter was a very warm sunny day that year.  I hid chocolate eggs in the garden, that was a mistake.  By the time they arrived and ready to hunt with their little baskets in hand, the eggs had been hidden for a couple of hours.  Yes, the ones in the sun were liquid chocolate and in the freezer they went.

Another time, I went to one of our Dollar stores, bought straw hats, artificial flowers and ribbons and had all of the girls make an Easter hat.



These girls are all now in the twenties.  They had so much fun making these.


I am off to get laundry finished.

Have a wonderful Easter.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...