Thursday, April 13, 2023

Shorts!

OH!, it's lovely.  For my walk this morning I dug out my shorts, well they are not quite shorts, they were my exercise shin length exercise tights, from when I did "Stay Fit with Age" which was run by the University.  Another thing gone by the wayside, thanks to Covid.

The temp when we set out this morning at 10:00 a.m. was 21*C already, Spring is here all be it for a short time as I hate to mention we will be getting back to the normal temp for this time of the year on Sunday, so the warmer clothes have not yet been stored away.

Worked in the garden yesterday afternoon, I have a flower bed which is on a slope and over time the soil has been washed down to the bottom and pushed the wooden barrier down too far.  The old one taken out as well as some soil and a new wooden barrier put down, looks a lot better now.  We have wood chips to lay down to help with the slight soil erosion each year.  I have since regretted working so long in the dirt.

INTERRUPTED

Thursday.

Hot even when we went for our walk this morning, so in my tights and T-shirt.  All the windows are wide open to let the fresh air in to clean the stale heated air from Winter.  Even left our bedroom one open for the night.

Went to the physio therapist yesterday for my neck issues.  I do not believe anything can be done as it seems to be an age problem, however, we shall see.  I was with the therapist for two hours assessing and explaining, quite impressed actually.  Shown some exercises to do and go back next week to see if there is any improvement.  Thank goodness I have extended health care coverage, it is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.   

Gardening I am afraid is going to be out of the question for me in the future, all of the repetitious movements of raking, digging etc. is at the moment too painful for me to do.  Did do about half an hour this morning and had to stop.  Gardening is/was a big part of my life during the Summer, getting my hands in the dirt and helping little plants bloom and flourish was such a satisfaction and relaxing past time.  In the past couple of years I have been planting perennials instead of annuals as I knew as I got older all the work would be too much for me to do.

Time marches on and not much can be done to change it.

DD2 has been sending photos of her and hubby's Caribbean cruise vacation, having a great time by the looks of it.   

Received an invitation to one of my great grands 4th birthday party in May. It's a 'Donut" party  ! ! ! This will be her last as an only child as in July a sister will be arriving.  

Cleaned bathrooms, all three of them this morning, should tackle the kitchen when finished here.  

Because our weather is so unseasonable hot,  I think it's time to crack open the gin and tonic bottles for a drink later today, when it's time to relax.

Have a great day.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. It's hard when we have to admit we can't do all the things that came easily when we were younger. Just let your body tell you when it's time to stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly did tell me, in the future I am going to listen earlier than I did today.

      Delete
  2. Could you plant in pots? Gin and tonic sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly plant up some pots, however, we are going on vacation just when it is the hottest and driest weather in late July and early August, so not much point in doing that and no one to water on a daily basis.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...