Saturday, April 22, 2023

Hobby Farm

What and how many animals constitute a hobby farm?   I do believe we are starting one, not one which is planned, one where the animal life just happened to choose the property I live on.

There have been deer for years, chipmunks, racoons, groundhogs, skunks and numerous varieties of birds.  Now, however, we have a pair of mating ducks and a turkey.  I draw the line at cows and pigs, been there done that in my growing up years, it is hard work.  All these visitors need is a few seeds and they are happy to go their merry way and come back later for another meal.  My kind of farming.

Wet day today and not very warm either, so not going for a walk today or even tomorrow as the forecast is the same.  Gives my body a rest from that exercise which is always a wise thing to do once in awhile.

Laundry on, three bathrooms are next, then the kitchen.   Some errands need to be taken care of this afternoon, a Rx needs to be picked up and another trip to the bank, as the one I went to yesterday had their machines removed, hope new ones are goin in, cannot see them not replacing them in this day and age..

I hate to complain to the world, however, feeling quite miserable today, the weather does not help much, maybe it's just the weather, I know I need sunshine.

Have a great day

Cheers.


 

2 comments:

  1. Not much sunshine in the next few days, unfortunately. Cheer up, summer will get here eventually! Then we will be complaining about the heat and humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "hobby farm" sounds delightful. And the animals look after themselves pretty much.
    I hope you feel brighter soon.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...